2). What have you learned throughout this class? What was your favorite thing about this class? What was your least favorite thing about the class? How can this class be improved?
I have learned many new concepts that pertain to the media and communications. Before taking this class I was just another person who was using media to communicate yet I never thought to analyze it the way this class has challenged me to do. I learned that through all these different forms of technology lie the messages that are all around us. Text messaging, email, and online social networks are a common form of technology that many people are comfortable using on a daily basis. Radio, television, and newspapers are still a source for information, but the Internet has advanced into a medium that can contain all of this media in one. I also learned that the "medium is the message" which I agree with and really enjoyed reading about. My favorite thing about this class was the way that it was structured. I really appreciated the fact that we had until Saturday night to complete our work because I have a job and have other classes I take as well. We were still required to engage and post on different days, but I really liked the fact that we had enough time to manage all of our work. My least favorite part of the class was vlogging, but I completely understand the relevance behind it all. I had to put that out there simply because I hate watching myself on videos and I don't like the thought of others seeing me either, but I guess it wasn't too awful. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment