Friday, April 29, 2011
World Wide Web
So there was a lot of technical information to this article about the World Wide Web and it's origins and I have to admit it gave me a headache because I forgot to print it out from work this week so I had to read it from the computer, but it was still INTERESTING to me. This was in 1994 yet it is still is how we know the technical side of the Internet to be today. In regard to HTTP and URLs I was familiar with them but not in terms of hypertext transfer protocol or the way servers work. It was also interesting reading about MIME as well as how HTML become the common language for the interchange of hypertext. This article was interesting to read now because it was meant to help people understand w3. It seems that many of goals that were defined at that time have been met through the development that followed. In terms of my own experience with this article is that the Internet has evolved and met several goals that were first set for it, meanwhile the many users still have no idea what they are using. I have to admit that I am not very educated in this field of knowledge so I enjoyed reading this article.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment