Friday, February 11, 2011

Nokia and Microsoft smart phone plan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110211/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_finland_nokia;_ylt=Avr0mRwMI2pC0ifzU7jq2HgjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTJoZ2Y2bWNoBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwMjExL2V1X2ZpbmxhbmRfbm9raWEEY3BvcwMxBHBvcwMzBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA2Z1bGxuYnNwc3Rvcg--
I think this article was very interesting because it is discussing the future plans for Nokia and Microsoft joining together to work on a smart phone that can compete with the iphone. I have never owned a smart phone before and this is partly because I like the way I communicate now, and I have noticed that many family members and friends are very addicted to their smart phones. They are constantly using Facebook and other applications through their phone, and it is similar to having a tiny computer attached to the palms of your hands all day long. These two companies are very well known and Nokia is still the world's largest maker of cell phones so I am very curious to see the outcome of two big companies like this coming together. Technology is constantly progressing and even now I have heard iphone users make comments about HTC EVOs being better than their iphone. Nokia was actually the first brand of mobile phone I ever used and the phone lasted years with no problems at all. This is not to say that when they come out with a smart phone that it is going to be better than the smart phones that are currently out, but I am sure they will put some hard effort into making a phone that will impress many people.

1 comment:

  1. Hey cat, you made a great point about how smart phones are practically mini computers in the palm of your hands. When the iPhone4 came out with the ability for video chatting, that’s when I knew all this technology stuff could be going to a bad place. Because smart phones are able to do so much, people in turn become very dependent on them. I am actually worried about what Nokia and Microsoft comes up with. If the iPhone4 was the best thing since slice bread in the cell phone world, whatever could top that, could be dangerous; not to mention that come June or July 2011, the iPhone5 will be released. It seems like a never ending war of technology and we as consumers are nearly the pawns.

    ReplyDelete